12.14.2005

Things That Suck

When I got my dog, I did not realize she would pay for herself in electricity and vacuum bag savings. Who needs a Hoover when she has a Roxie to inhale the edible trail left by 7 toddlers? Today I hosted a Coffee Klatch for the MOMS Club of which I am membership vice president. Yes, I hold elected office in the MOMS Club. Yes, I realize that's funny. No, I don't think it's as funny as you do. Anyway, a Coffee Klatch is an event where moms sit and drink coffee while their children run around like lawless banshees, tearing up the host mother's home. There's nothing like a group of kids you can't really discipline because they aren't yours, tearing ornaments off the tree and hitting buttons on the stove till the burners ignite and the oven makes the kitchen nice and toasty. My heart hasn't raced like that since I stopped jogging about 13 months ago (note to self: that's way too long to go without regular exercise). Anyway, to get back to the main point, Roxie can be really utilitarian sometimes. Once the kids were out the door, leaving the kitchen awash in Little Debbie Christmas Tree crumbs, it was Electrorox to the rescue. It totally makes up for used diapers she likes to stash in unseen corners and the breast pads she will devour anytime you leave the garbage can unattended. It works out so well when our interests converge like this--me, doing anything not to drag out bulky household appliances, her, doing anything to eat. I love my little Pit Bull.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jene said...

oh, so many comments i could make... :)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to diciline my kids all you want! I can't see them all at one time and we all know, one of them is always getting into everything....

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home