12.28.2005

Variation on a Theme

The following email was sent to me by a friend after a visit in which the main topic of the day was poop. As she arrived at my house, I was busy in the basement, Shouting out three layers of shit from my daughter's clothing. Later, I regaled her with a recording of David Sedaris reading a poem about, well, you guessed it (if you have the time and the inclination, I suggest going here to find Sedaris's hilarious re-telling of a bathroom incident in two parts--it's in "Act 4" and begins 36 minutes, 40 seconds into the program, to be exact). You see, it is not only the central theme of my blog, but also of my more generalized existence. I had suggested to said friend that this fascination was a product of motherhood, but she countered, and later proved through this email, that I have always been interested in such matters.

From : Jessica
Sent : Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:24 PM
To : Binky

Subject : More on poop

I was cleaning out my email inbox today and came across the following story in a message you sent me about a year ago. It's just more evidence that you have always appreciated and attracted entertaining poop.
-j


"Roxie had a good time dropping the hugest deuce as soon as we arrived at the Xmas tree farm yesterday. I mean, the girl absolutely loves laying a big one in front of as many people as possible. So, I picked it up in a baggie and looked around for a garbage can. I went up to one of the employees and asked if they had a receptacle, all the while waving the baggie. He reaches out for it to take it from me, and I go, “But it’s poop.” I didn’t want there to be any confusion. He said, “oh,” then, after some consideration, grabbed it anyway and put it in a little bucket they were using for trash. Stinky. Not a particularly great story, but amusing nonetheless."

I guess I am nothing if not consistent. Or regular, as the case may be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roxie Carol said...

I like shit too. Especially after it's been sitting in the yard for a few days. It gets crunchy like a cookie. A deuce cookie. mmmm.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home