1.25.2006

The Cold Season

Someone I live with likes to shoot rhinoviral loogies into the bathroom sink. Perhaps, by shrouding his identity in ambiguity as I broadcast this across the blogosphere, he will be able to hold onto the modicum of dignity available to him after repeatedly hawking up phlegm globbers into our communal wash basin.

I have nothing against expelling the thick stuff. Sometimes the works get gummed up and you have to clear the way. But why the sink?!?! It is over the sink that I insert/extract my contact lenses, brush my teeth and cleanse my delicate pores. I know that germs from any or all of those processes are bound to make the rounds, but somehow they all pale in comparison to big, green, already-compromised goobers rolling like viscous tumbleweeds from porcelain to drain. How about the toilet, one might ask. Or even the tub. Anything but the sink, which I look at now and want to vomit (puke being another thing that should be reserved for the toilet--or the shrubbery next to our porch, but that's another story).

I realize this might all be grosser than gross, but there is not and likely never will be a moratorium on nastiness in this blog. There are too many facets of life bound by appropriateness. How will we ever discover just how similar (or completely different) we are without divulging some of the more unsavory aspects of our existence?

Yesterday I said that life is too short to worry about the small things; today I add that it'll be short and boring if you try to repress all the juicy details.

How I like my sink: clean
How I like my blog: completely unsanitary

5 Comments:

Anonymous Captain Snot-Master said...

This, from the person who leaves snot-filled tissues around the house and car.
How I like my nose: clean
How I like my coffee table: Void of snot rags

1:05 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

This "discussion" is so funny!! It sounds just like Brian and me.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Mu husband does the same thing, but also expells in the shower!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jene said...

after reading your blog posts and comments, i appreciate kevin more and more. (don't tell him that.)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Enlargement said...

Your blog is great If you ever need clearpores related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in clearpores

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home