1.27.2006

Little In The Middle But She Got Much Back















No longer can I say her shit don't stink. Gone are the days of the mild mustard poops. With the introduction of baby oatmeal, we are entering an era of stank not smelled since my husband last ate an entire carton of raisins in one sitting. Before today, it was always the wet feeling on my leg or the sight of a diaper breach that would alert me it was time for a change. These evacuations were so mild in stench and texture (though not in scope) that even Tolby was not moved by them. She would not cry or become fussy. But no longer. If her uncomfortable wails had not warned me something was amiss earlier this afternoon, then the odor would've. I walked into a room so thick with methane that I knew the day of reckoning had come. My baby is growing up.

I haven't been this nauseous since my child was an embryo. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

First of all, she is beautiful! What a woman. Second, too funny that we were both blogging about poop. You know you are a mom when you can write an entire post about shit. Beautiful.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Sorry to say but it gets worse. Abby is now on 3 meals a day, one of which is meat and her poop is SO stinky!

BTW: I read Little Earthquakes and I thought it was great!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Alisyn said...

Mama, you ain't smelled nothin' yet. Unfortunately.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home