3.30.2006

Coming Up Roses



















Today Tolby ate her first piece of grass. It was brown and shriveled and hadn't seen light in 6 months, but as I watched her warm fingers shove it into her mouth till she gagged, I recognized it for what it was: manna from heaven. Sitting there in the midst of one of the first truly springish days of the year, I felt that sunlight alone could have nourished us sufficiently, but Tolby, in her infant wisdom, saw through the pricklies to the restorative benefits a little roughage could provide.

And it was good. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin said...

your blogs are boring now, perhaps you should just call it tolby's blog. Anyway, i just wanted to tell you and Chris a great new phrase... "puttin a load in her laundry basket". You're an adult, you can figure it out.

KW

8:54 PM  
Anonymous BargainhuntB said...

I disagree with the above poster, but maybe because I am also a mother and babies and their exploration and wonderment is a neverending fascination for me.

Anyway - the pic of Tolby is too precious for words - really, I'm not just saying that. It should be in a mag.

Also, off topic, did you want to hurl at that post on the nest about how wonderfully easy new motherhood is? I wanted to vomit. Just wondering if you felt the same - I also secretly think she's lying or delusional, but that's just me...

Kate

12:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle :) said...

Ok...this is the cutest picture of Tolby!! She is getting so big!!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home