3.10.2006

I've Got All The Riches, Baby

There's nothing like the first spring-ish day of late winter. It warms my icy heart and melts out in the form of 1960's Motown ditties. "I. Guess. You'll. Say. What can make me feel this way? My girl! My girl!" I was singing into the top of Tolby's head as I walked through the local park, my daughter strapped to my chest and my dog leashed beside me. There were teams on the basketball court, kids on the swings, and teenagers filling the band shell with angst. I felt calm and unencumbered (proof of the power of positive thinking, considering the child and canine hanging off me) as I strolled the track, not concerned in the least about doing enough laps to burn off lunch or about the work waiting for me on the computer at home. The first 65 degree day after four months of New England dreariness is a Get Out of Jail Free card. It was an excuse to revel in the breeze on my face, to watch it blow through the blond tufts of Tolby's fine tresses. It was a moment to live in. I don't think I've had that feeling since Tolby was born, when life was suddenly all wistful longing for the day before and anxiety about the one ahead.

But, it's Connecticut. If you actually like the weather, just wait a minute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

the NYC contingent says a hearty AMEN to that sister. Yesterday was a dream. (And love the new photo!)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Haha, so true about the weather. :)

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home