5.03.2006

The Polls Are Open

The first time I saw the name "dad" show up in my comment section, this is what went through my head:

"How the hell did my father find out about this blog?"

Then I thought about it a little more and, as is often the case, got it right on the second try. The dad in question was Tolby's, not mine. And that realization was more than a little weird.

Any mention of, or comment by, Tolby's dad (or "my husand," or "Chris") on this blog is usually met with an enthusiastic response by my other four readers. See, he's quick-witted. He has timing. He's a hit at all the Internet parties.

When I met him on AOL nine years ago, I was in love with him before I saw his face.

But that's my side of the story. I've written a lot about my other half and I think it's time to let him have his say. How about getting a little He Said action going on here? Leave a comment below if an 8 Hours guest post by "dad" would interest you.

Because I might need a little help convincing him, and this I have learned: flattery will get you everywhere.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jene said...

as long as you let him post what he writes without censoring any of it! :) this could be quite entertaining!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm all for it! Did you really meet him on AOL?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

DAD! DAD! WE WANT TOLBY'S DAD! Goooooo DAD! (You can see I totally wasn't a cheerleader in high school. But I did make out with one of their boyfriends.)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

I think you have way more than 4 readers, I for one am a loyal fan even if I don't always comment! I too would love a guest post from dad - maybe you could even convince him to be a "regular" guest poster - it could get even MORE interesting around here.

10:51 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

New reader here. Who's Tolby?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I would love to hear from Dad!

8:43 AM  
Blogger lynsalyns said...

Yes, please. More Dad. A big helping of Dad. WE. WANT.DAD. (I'm holding up my lighter and waving it.)

9:12 AM  
Blogger T. said...

Do it Dad. The gauntlet has been thrown down, the white glove been slapped, the challenge has been issued. Do it, do it!!!

Pretty Please??? With a cherry on top?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Alli's Mom said...

Yes, a post from Tolby's dad, then mabye I can get the Ladybugs dad to post!

Really? You met him AOL? That's cool!

1:46 PM  
Blogger J's Mommy said...

Absolutely, it's always good to hear from "the other side!"

2:49 PM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Goooooooooooo he saaaaaid!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home